REQUIREMENTS FOR TAXI DRIVERS IN North Carolina
1. Be at least age 18;
2. Have held a valid state driver's license for at least one year prior to application;
3. Be a U.S. citizen or an alien admitted for permanent residence or otherwise granted employment authorization by the U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service;
4. Be a north carolina resident for at least one year immediately preceding application;
5. Show proficiency with English sufficient to understand and interpret traffic signs, issue written receipts to passengers, and obey orders of police and others in lawful authority;
6. Successfully complete a driver training course for new applicants administered by a company and approved by the bureau;
7. Be fingerprinted by the Department of Police and supply the Bureau of Taxis and Vehicles for Hire with two current photographs meeting certain requirements;
8. Submit written statements from the holder of the certificate of public convenience and necessity and a company that he will be affiliated with once he receives a permit;
9. Not have been declared a habitual violator by the state Department of Public Safety or the bureau or have been convicted of, been on probation, parole, or served time for a period of five years prior to application for violating certain criminal laws of NORTH CAROLINA, any other state, or the United States; and
10. Not have been convicted of violating two or more sections of the durham, raleigh, chapel hill City Code or other ordinances governing the conduct of drivers of for-hire vehicles for a period of two years prior to application.
RDU stated that these have been the permit requirements for a number of years and no changes have been proposed to them. We also verified with the Raleigh-Durham International Airport's Ground Transportation Division that, although drivers providing ground transportation services to the airport must get special ground transportation service permits from the aviation general manager, no additional qualifications must be met beyond those imposed by the Bureau of Taxis and Vehicles for Hire. The durham, raleigh, chapel hill airport is operated by the City of durham, raleigh, chapel hill's Department of Aviation.TAXI DRIVERS The City of Durham, Chapel hill passed an ordinance in 2014 regulating taxicab drivers. Key provisions of the ordinance that apply to drivers of taxis are: Drivers must have a valid for-hire driver license. Drivers must allow vehicle inspections by the City. Requirements for reporting data. In order to operate a taxicab, you must have a valid north carolina driver's license and a valid for-hire driver's license. The City of Durham, Chapel hill contracts with durham County, wake County, orange County to perform the licensing of taxi and for-hire drivers working in durham, chapel hill, raleigh. Renew or apply for a new driver license through the durham County, wake County, orange County licensing service.
Drivers must follow these standards of conduct:
Drivers must follow these customer relations standards:
Taxicab drivers must follow these cruising standards:
Drivers must complete driver's education and be tested in order to be licensed. The training must include completion of the National Safety Council's Defensive Driving Course and at least one additional driving training program approved by the Director of the Department of Finance and Administrative Services.
Taxicab associations, for-hire vehicle companies or transportation network companies may provide driver training programs. Such programs must include:
Curriculum for driver training programs must be submitted by the association or company to the Director of the Department of Finance and Administrative Services for approval each year.
Drivers must pass an examination in order to be licensed. The test may be administered by the City of durham, raleigh, chapel hill, by the City jointly with durham, orange, wake County, or by an approved taxicab association, for-hire vehicle company, transportation network company or third-party vendor. Examinations must test the driver's:
Exam procedures and content must be approved by the Director of the Department of Finance and Administrative Services.
All drivers and vehicle owners must consent to criminal background checks. Transportation network companies, for-hire vehicle companies and taxicab associations must review the background checks and maintain records of them.
The background checks may be conducted by fingerprinting the driver, with prints forwarded to the FBI or North Carolina State Patrol for investigation. They may also be conducted by a third-party vendor approved by the Director of the Department of Finance and Administrative Services.
Companies also must report criminal offenses by drivers that have bearing on the driver's fitness to operate a taxicab, transportation network company vehicle or for-hire vehicle. These criminal offenses include but are not limited to:
Taxi and for-hire regulations and operating standards are enforced by City inspectors. Inspectors ride unannounced in taxis and for-hire vehicles to ensure that operating standards are met. If you have questions about driver or vehicle operating standards, please contact us.
You have 10 days to request a hearing if you receive a violation, suspension or revocation. Instructions for requesting a hearing will be on the reverse side of the Notice of Violation or License Action Form, or you may contact us.
If you receive a Notice of Infraction, you must respond within 15 days. Instructions for responding will be on the reverse side of the Notice of Infraction. Payments or requests for hearings are processed by Seattle Municipal Court.
You must pay any fines within 30 days of the issue date. Failure to pay could result in the loss of your license. This table lists Seattle fines for taxi and for-hire violations:
Use Our iphone App! on your phone to connect to a driver in Raleigh-Durham at the Glance!... Call Taxi Payment is automatic through the app and fares are usually Cheapest Than The TaxiCab.Taxi App Apple itunes
Use Our Android App! on your phone to connect to a driver in Raleigh-Durham at the Glance!... Call Taxi Payment is automatic through the app and fares are usually Cheapest than Taxicab.Taxi App google play
Use Our iPhone App! on your phone And Become a driver in Raleigh-Durham at the Glance!... Start Receiving Payment through the app and fares for Taxicab, private hire, shuttle, transportation.Taxi App Apple itunes
Use Our Android App! on your phone And Become a driver in Raleigh-Durham at the Glance!... Start Receiving Payment through the app and fares for Taxicab, private hire, shuttle, transportation.Taxi App google play
Your trip with Our Cab is Private As always, all passengers ride for the price of one. Driver carries only $5.00 in change. Credit cards are welcomed,
We have competitive rates for taxi services Our cabs can pick you up for a quick trip to the airport or take you as far as your City located.
Horus Taxi LLC Service is committed to offering Emergency Pickup in interstate and hwy.
Get your miles, points & rebates with your favorite Rewards card. Our drivers will conveniently process your credit card for payment.