- Taximeters can include several accessories, or act as components in larger dispatching/control systems. Features include:
- Ticket/receipt printer
- Fraud control and prevention (on the part of the owner or operator), through the impression of control tickets or computer monitoring. Additionally, taximeters are often visually sealed by a municipal weights and scales authority after initial calibration.
- Radio communication, allowing trip status to be monitored by a dispatcher or supervisor.
- Dispatching of trip assignments through radio or data systems.
- Interaction with GPS systems to assist with dispatching and to provide security.
- Seat sensors that detect the presence of a passenger (to prevent a cab from carrying fares without activating the taximeter).
- Credit or prepaid card support.
Accessories and features of “taximeter”
Posted in Uncategorized